CrossFit 101 is a personal training workshop designed to introduce you to CrossFit South in a fun, safe, and controlled environment. Before signing up for CF101, you can try out CFS risk free by coming to one of our Sweatshop classes offered during the week. Before you come to any class, you need to sign up and fill out our digital waiver to secure a spot!
During CF101 you will:
- Be introduced to the CrossFit South community
- Learn the basic core-to-extremity movements that are the building blocks used in CrossFit to develop elite fitness
- Learn basic gymnastics and body-weight skills to increase core control and body-awareness
- Become acquainted with the Olympic lifts (cleans and snatches) that build power, speed, and strength
- Participate in a CrossFit workout tailored to your abilities while under the direct supervision of a coach
Our athletes are our top priority! The CrossFit 101 program is about introducing you to CrossFit in a fun, safe, and controlled environment that allows you to learn about the movements as well as the CrossFit methodology and our expectations of our athletes. Every athlete at CrossFit South was new to CrossFit at one point, so we know that a lot of this is new and can seem intimidating. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns because we’re here to help.
CrossFit 101 is by appointment only. We need you to sign up at least 48 hours in advance, and if you cancel less than 24 hours before you appointment you will be charged an extra fee.
There are two ways to go through our CF101 program.
1) We offer a FREE 1-hour CF101 class during our open gym session on Sundays. To qualify for this, you need to have a valid CrossFit membership. Unless you have some background in CrossFit, you’ll most likely need to come two Sundays in a row for us to cover everything. As noted above, you’ll need to sign up by Friday to reserve your spot on this Sunday class. If you late cancel, you will be charged an extra fee.
2) If you cannot make it to our free offering on Sundays, you’ll need to schedule a time that works for you with one of our coaches. This costs $50, and will cover up to two one-hour sessions with a coach. As noted above, you’ll need to schedule an appointment at least 48 hours in advance and late cancellation fees apply if you cancel less than 24 hours before your appointment.
To get started today do one of the following: